Can you get STIs from a handjob?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dabeda
Pronouns: He/him

Can you get STIs from a handjob?

Unread post by Dabeda »

Hello,

I am guy and I had a mutual handjob with another guy. I was masturbating his penis and he was masturbating my penis. He was also touching my penis's head and the place where pee and cum comes out.
My question is : Is there any chance of getting STIs through this?

Thanks
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Can you get STIs from a handjob?

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi Dabeda, welcome to the boards!
What you're describing (manual sex) has a low risk of STI transmission, but certain infections are possible. If you experience any symptoms, or want to for peace of mind, you can get STI tested at your doctor's office or a clinic; however, the short answer is that it's a low risk activity.
Dabeda
Pronouns: He/him

Unread post by Dabeda »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

The thing is that I'm not sure if the guy had precum on his hand when he was touching the head of my penis, particularly, the place where pee and cum comes from.

If he did have precum on his hand while doing that, does this increase the chances of getting STI?

Thanks
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Dabeda -- like Sam said, this is generally considered a low risk activity. It is possible to get STIs from precum, but it's tough to say that the chances would increase per se. If you experience any symptoms (like discharge that is not urine or semen or burning when you pee) or are feeling especially anxious, you can get STI tested at your doctor's office or a sexual health clinic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic