My inner labia bothers me

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
fiercegiraffe

My inner labia bothers me

Unread post by fiercegiraffe »

Hello! I had a question about my inner labia. When I was 15, I noticed that the right side hangs out. I'm very active and stretch almost every day, and I HATE when it pops out. It hurts when I'm trying to do a splits and all of my body weight is on it :) I tried making a Google search about other women's inner labia bothering them, and most of the forums have been about self-confidence issues. I'm sexually active, and I don't think my boyfriend has even noticed. I want the inner labia gone because it will make me feel more physically comfortable, not because I'm ashamed of it.

I know that there's surgery, but I also read that the surgery can affect sex; apparently, the leftover wound can open if it's put under too much stress. My questions are, Is surgery safe? Will I still be able to do the things I enjoy (wall climbing, stretching and sex)? I'm currently 17, do I have to be 18 to get the surgery? Does it tend to be expensive?

Again, I want to emphasize that I am NOT ashamed of my labia. It genuinely makes me very physically uncomfortable when I'm sitting, running, walking or stretching and I can feel it hanging out. Thanks a ton :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: My inner labia bothers me

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi fiercegiraffe,

The first step would be to talk to a healthcare provider, if you haven't already, since it causes you discomfort. They can also answer your other questions regarding surgery.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic