i don't get wet.

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
cy
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/it/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

i don't get wet.

Unread post by cy »

(19f)

within the last couple days ive been finally experimenting with masturbation. being in my helicopter parents' house most of my life left me unable to properly explore myself and my body, but it's different now that ive moved out.

problem is i realize that when i started trying i absolutely could not get wet. for anything. i ended up getting so desperate i used my own spit the first time and bought a bottle of water based lube yesterday. i know that im aroused, but i just. for some reason can't get wet on my own. same goes for when i reach a climax honestly nothing happens except the feeling.

is there anything wrong with me, or is this normal?
CaitlinEve
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: i don't get wet.

Unread post by CaitlinEve »

Hi cy! Welcome to Scarleteen.

With vaginal lubrication, there's no one-size fits all. Everybody's body is different and this level of lubrication could just be your body's normal levels. Or it could be attributed to anything from anxiety & depression to yeast infections, to medication side effects (like birth control!). Additionally, you say that you know that you're aroused, which means that this likely isn't an issue with arousal or a mental block. Regardless, there's nothing 'wrong' with you! This isn't an uncommon issue and you shouldn't feel ashamed.

There's no shame in using lubricant, either. Plenty of people's bodies don't provide adequate (or any) natural lubrication to get things done, so if using lube helps you then there's no reason why you shouldn't continue utilizing it!

For more information, here's an advice column that Heather answered on the topic of vaginal lubrication and a lack-thereof.
cy
Pronouns: he/it/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Unread post by cy »

Thanks for the response. It puts me at ease to know that it's not necessarily a physical issue with myself lol.

Like I said I'm really new to this kind of stuff so I'm pretty grateful I found this site. It's given me a lot of answers already :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Cy,

I'm so glad the response was helpful, and that you've been finding lots of answers here!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic