Period + pregnancy question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
sofimaria
Pronouns: she/her

Period + pregnancy question

Unread post by sofimaria »

Hey! Question: does a period nullify any chance of pregnancy from previous sex? Even if it occurred, for example, 7 hours before the period?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period + pregnancy question

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Sofimaria,

Pregnancy isn't something that happens instantly: it's a process which takes around a week or so to complete. However, because a period has you shedding the lining needed for a fertilized egg to implant in, and because around the time a period starts, there usually is not an egg available to be fertilized, it would be very unusual to become pregnant with timing like this. Was there any kind of birth control used during the incident you're concerned about?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
sofimaria

Basically, there was no insertive sex - however, my boyfriend is pretty sure he stimulated my clitoris (for a long time) with some cum in his hands, just a few seconds after ejaculating on bed
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. So, if he ejaculated on the bed, then the activity you're describing does not pose a risk of pregnancy in the first place. Sperm is fragile, so it can't survive the trip from penis to bed to hand to vulva.
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
sofimaria

Oh, even if the ejaculation could have occurred a little directly in the hand itself, it wouldn't survive, right?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

So, if he ejaculated on this hand and then rubbed it on your vulva, that is a situation that theoretically can cause pregnancy, but it's not at all likely.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic