i’m fine, i feel fine, but idk

When you want support through something scary or rough, and help pulling yourself together and getting through, this is the place.
Forum rules
We ask that users looking for general, ongoing emotional support post in this area of the boards, and that you use this space to both ask for, give and receive that support primarily from each other, rather than from our staff and volunteers. As a staff, we simply are often too overextended with all we need to do in running the organization and its services to do that for extended periods of time, and one of our main aims of our community at the boards has always been to facilitate peers to better be there for each other.

Users often report that they have no in-person peers they can talk to or seek support from: we want this to be a space for online peer support and somewhere everyone can get some practice asking for, getting and giving support so that doing it with people in your lives feels more doable.

Please remember that neither staff, volunteers nor your fellow users can provide or replace mental healthcare when that is something you need. Users struggling with issues like anxiety, depression, abuse or physical health issues are strongly encouraged to seek out qualified, in-person help with those issues in addition to peer or staff support.
PomPom
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

i’m fine, i feel fine, but idk

Unread post by PomPom »

i fell fine, mostly, fine. i don’t feel sad, i have friends, i’m happy, really. of course i have some stress in my life and struggles, but i don’t think that it’s different from any other teenage struggles.(i’m 16) i genuinely don’t think that “something is wrong with me” in a mental way. but every day i think about killing myself, not like planning, it’s just: i’m lying on the bed, doing nothing, think about things that i should do (and want to) but don’t currently, and my mind goes “well, go ahead and jump off that window” and then i go back to my usual thoughts. i don’t know if that oks or not, because i don’t want to kill myself, but i feel like it became my “plan B” that i’ll never gonna actually do, but it’s still on my mind, a lot of time. whenever i think about having these thoughts i feel stupid and like these thoughts shouldn’t matter to me, like i have no right to have these thoughts, because my parents are caring and if i look at my life with cold head, i can tell that i can’t blame anyone in my fuck ups (and future fuck ups too). i don’t even know why i’m posting it, because whenever i think about it, it feels stupid and like it’s a minor complaint, especially since i don’t want to die. i tried to post it on reddit, but no one noticed it, so i decided to “close the gestalt” anyway
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: i’m fine, i feel fine, but idk

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi PomPom,

So, if it's hit the point where harming yourself feels like a Plan B, then the first thing I'd like you to do is call/text the relevant hotline here: https://blog.opencounseling.com/suicide-hotlines/. That's extra-true if, at some future point, those thought start being more of a concrete plan than a passing thought. And even if you're not actively thinking of harming yourself, talking to someone who's trained to help people with feelings related to self harm is a good way to take care of yourself, and you deserve all the care and support you need.

Once you've done that, I'm more than happy to continue the conversation here and support you in the ways we're able, okay?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic