Sex after abortion

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
StellaOs
Pronouns: She/her

Sex after abortion

Unread post by StellaOs »

I had a surgical abortion three weeks ago, everything turned out okay. I had sex last night for the first time since the procedure but it wasn't all that comfortable for me, you could say it's more of a mental thing and a bit of worry on accidently getting pregnant again. I do have two partners and I never told them about what happened, I would like to maybe tell them and yet why should I make them think on what could have been? How do I get myself to be okay with having sex and enjoying it, and is it wrong not to tell them the truth?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sex after abortion

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi StellaOs ,

I'm so glad that the procedure went well and that you're recovering okay!

With the discomfort attached to the fear of another pregnancy, would you like to talk about your options for a birth control method that will be reliable enough for you to feel okay? Or to talk about how to hold off on sex that carries a pregnancy risk for the time being? And would you say the fear of pregnancy is the main source of that mental or emotional discomfort, or are there other factors leading to that feeling as well?

With telling one or both of your partners, that choice is entirely up to you. If you never want to disclose the abortion, that's your right. On the other hand, do you feel like telling one or both of them would help you feel supported right now? Or make it easier to have conversations about your boundaries or needs around sex?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic