Vulva Concern

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
sarysar123
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Vulva Concern

Unread post by sarysar123 »

Hello! I have a question about my vulva and was wondering if anyone has experienced such a thing before. When I was little, I had a hernia that was treated. The most prominent symptom was that one side of my vulva was swollen, almost like one side looked longer than the other. I got treated for it and went on with me life. Now, 13 years later, I've noticed that the OTHER side of my vulva is swollen and painful when I sit or touch. When I do it's still soft, not hard or anything. And it isn't discolored at all. I noticed it at the beginning of this week, and now at the end, it keeps getting bigger and more painful and the pain has spread a little down my leg. I also just feel shaky and almost sick. Any thoughts on what this could be? Another hernia?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Vulva Concern

Unread post by Heather »

Have you first seen a healthcare provider about this? If so, what did they say? If not, that'd be the thing to do here. People guessing online isn't going to be productive or sound: this is something where you need to see someone in person.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic