PMS symptoms getting too bad!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Hypochondriac17
not a newbie

PMS symptoms getting too bad!

Unread post by Hypochondriac17 »

I've been having excessive PMS symptoms for about 15 days now. My last menstrual period was on the 31st of January, and the one before that on the 2nd of January. As of today, I'm one day late. Since the 15th of February, I've been having excessive abdominal cramping, even vaginal cramping. My abdomen has bloated to the extent that I can't fit in my jeans. Legs hurt like I ran a marathon, and I've had nausea and breast tenderness for about 10 days. Ive not had my period yet, just had random spotting on 22 Feb. Is it normal for someone to have PMS symptoms for so long and of such intensity? How do I deal with them? I haven't been able to get out of bed due to the pain for the past 2 days.
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: PMS symptoms getting too bad!

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Hypochondriac,

We can't say what is "normal" for one persons body. Is this new for you? I noticed you brought up symptoms back in NOV/DEC. Either way, It is best to check in with your healthcare provider to rule out any other health issues and/or get some assistance with managing your symptoms. Here is a link for some things you can do on your own to manage cramps (but again, I would recommend talking to your healthcare provider :))

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... t_the_pill
Hypochondriac17
not a newbie

I do have moderate symptoms of PMS starting about a week before my period every month. But this time, they've started way too early. My cycle length has changed recently; I used to have a 27 day cycle every month till November, and the length has changed to 30-32 days since December. Could that cause this? Also, my symptoms in November-December were diagnosed as possible appendicitis, and the pain was localized only on one side. This pain is markedly different and similar to the one I get pre-menstrual.
Hypochondriac17
not a newbie

I should also mention, I've been having a lot of antibiotics for various things for the past month. Do they affect your cycle?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi hypochondriac,

Again, I think a healthcare provider is the person to talk to about this, as they can both let you know if the medications may have any role, and if there's anything else you can do to manage the symptoms.
Hypochondriac17
not a newbie

Okay, I'll make an appointment for the pain. One more thing, I had an incident of unprotected genital rubbing(No ejaculation, maybe just very minute precum, but my boyfriend had urinated) back in January, around the 3rd week. I got my regular, normal period after that on the 31st. The missing period now(3 days late as of today) isn't connected to that incident, is it?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Since you've had one period since the incident, it's safe to assume that the one that's delayed is not related to it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic