PMS symptom change

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ZannahGirl1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am always looking to know more!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight, but appreciative of all kinds of beauty!

PMS symptom change

Unread post by ZannahGirl1 »

Hi there!
My PMS symptoms have been fairly regular for about a year now. Each month, without fail, I would have sore breasts for exactly seven days, and then once my period came, they would go away. However, things began changing in January. I did not have any breast soreness whatsoever when I expected it, but I eventually chalked it up to taking antibiotics for a UTI. My period arrived on the 25th day, around 2-4 days earlier than I was expecting it. Then, in February, I experienced greatly reduced, off-and-on breast soreness. I thought I might be pregnant (though I had no viable risk), so I took two pregnancy tests to calm myself down. My period came on the 31st day, 2-4 days late from when I was expecting it. Both months my flow was totally normal.
I am now 6-9 days away from my period and still not experiencing what was my typical breast soreness. I'm definitely not concerned about pregnancy, but I was just wondering if it's normal to have sudden symptom changes like this? I've had my period for seven years, so I would think that it'd be pretty regular by now.
Thank you for your time!
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: PMS symptom change

Unread post by Karyn »

Periods do tend to regulate after the first few years, but cycles also change and shift occasionally: they will not be the same for the whole of your life. It sounds like you might just be going through a bit of a shift now, but it never hurts to check in with a healthcare provider if you're concerned.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic