I'd appreciate your advice!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
andromeda2

I'd appreciate your advice!

Unread post by andromeda2 »

Hi there,

I'd really appreciate some help as the only person I can turn to about sexual matters is my boyfriend and unfortunately his knowledge on this topic is limited. I have read some of the articles outlining risks but I'd like to outline some specifics below.

Last week my boyfriend and I were making out. Dry humping was involved and we were both fully clothed. However, I was wearing short shorts and some fluids managed to seep through the two layers of clothing I was wearing over my genitals. My boyfriend had a small amount of precum and on a few occasions he slipped his hand in his pants to fix his genitals. Then, we would resume making out and he would place his hands, which touched his penis, on the back of my thighs and very near my butt. We then dry humped and considering that I was quite wet and had been touched on my thighs and possibly near my vagina, could anything have transferred to my genitals while I was grinding down there? Or perhaps could fluids have transferred when his hands were placed at the bottom of my shorts, near my genitals? Please let me know any possible risks involved to help quell my fears.

I am quite anxious as my period is two days late (but my cycle fluctuates). Also, the day after, I started having really sore and tender breasts. I still have sore breasts and have been quite moody lately (both normal PMS signs for me). However, I don't feel much bloating yet, which is usually another PMS symptom. I am concerned as my breasts became sore the day after and my period is supposedly late. Please let me know what you think so I can overcome this anxiety!

Thanks so much for reading this.
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I'd appreciate your advice!

Unread post by Johanna »

Welcome to Scarleteen, Andromeda! Can you take a look at this article? It should answer your questions: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
andromeda2

Unread post by andromeda2 »

Hi Johanna,

Thanks for your prompt reply. In fact I have read this article a few times but I didn't think it fully applied to my situation, as we were fully clothed but I'm not sure whether what occurred with my specific clothing on could have allowed for fluid sharing. Also I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice on the breast tenderness the day after and whether I should feel anxious about this and my supposedly late period.

Thanks in advance!
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Johanna »

Have you looked at the section for dry humping (which is what you are describing)? It says this right there: "No risk, so long as at least one partner is wearing clothing that covers their genitals."

It does not sound like your period is late yet, as variations of a couple of days either way are very normal, and you said your period is irregular to start with. PMS symptoms can also vary from month to month.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Since pregnancy can't ever happen in one day, you can be 100% sure it had nothing to do with a pregnancy.

When we talk about there being clothing, that's really just that. The section of that piece that lists the dry humping risks is what applies to your situation here. :)

Do you want to talk about strategies to be able to talk to someone besides just a sexual partner about any of this? That kind of isolation tends to make it way more likely for people to feel uncomfortable and scared in their sexual lives.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic