Wet semen on fingers?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
cdp2842
not a newbie

Wet semen on fingers?

Unread post by cdp2842 »

This is my first post to the board, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place. Basically, I gave my boyfriend a hand job and he ejaculated. He went to finger me, but I'm afraid that he touched some of his own ejaculate before doing so. His finger was wet when he touched me, but he had also been fingering me before so he says his finger was wet from that. He also says he only touched the shaft of his penis, never the tip of it, but I'm still worried. I can tell by physical signs that I'm going to ovulate soon, probably in the next couple of days. I've read all the pregnancy risk assessments, but I didn't see anything about actual semen and not precum. We can't afford emergency contraception and there isn't a Planned Parenthood nearby. Can you guys please help me?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Wet semen on fingers?

Unread post by Heather »

Have you already looked at this: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

You'll want to look at the listing for manual sex.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
cdp2842
not a newbie

Unread post by cdp2842 »

I did look at this already, but I've also read elsewhere that women can get pregnant from sperm on a finger, which is why I was concerned.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

We can't speak to information elsewhere, only here. What we have on that page and others like it is based in the nearly two decades we have been doing this work and keeping up with current education and research.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
cdp2842
not a newbie

Unread post by cdp2842 »

So even though there was actual semen on his fingers and not just pre-ejaculate, the odds of pregnancy aren't likely because of the fact that we were participating in manual sex?
Amanda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I ran a marathon!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her or they/them
Sexual identity: pansexual

Unread post by Amanda »

That's correct. Becoming pregnant requires a lot of things to go right, and the scenario you described simply would not be a situation that would allow all of those things to happen. Sperm need to be present in sufficient quantity (not just a little moisture on someone's finger!) and in the right environment (not someone's hand!) in order to pose a real pregnancy risk.

Here's an article that may help out as you navigate being sexually active: Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
Being prepared is the best way to avoid scares like this.

This article may also be a comfort: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?
"We must not see any person as an abstraction. Instead, we must see in every person a universe with its own secrets, with its own treasures, with its own sources of anguish, and with some measure of triumph." -Elie Wiesel
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic