First Gyno Visit tomorrow, advice?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
skib143
not a newbie

First Gyno Visit tomorrow, advice?

Unread post by skib143 »

I have previously posted about a pregnancy scare, which is still current. But I have made my first appointment tomorrow for a visit and I plan to discuss a method of BC and what is wrong with my body right now. As stated previously, I had sex mid May, using condom full time and withdrawal in addition. However, I totally skipped that months period, took a pregnancy test two weeks after sex and two weeks after my missed period date - it was negative. I also took two tests, two days apart. But still, I have gotten no period and have been experiencing nipple sensitivity, increased discharge, cramping, bloating, and starting today nausea. What I am asking in this post is what questions should I ask my doctor, do you personally believe that I am in the clear of pregnancy, and just advice on how to handle this - currently and if the outcome may be pregnancy. My boyfriend is doing mission work abroad so it is very hard to talk to him and I am pretty alone in this, and my mother disaproves of my sexual activity because she wanted me to wait until marriage. This is a very emotional and anxiety filled time, so I truly appreciate any help you offer.
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: First Gyno Visit tomorrow, advice?

Unread post by Johanna »

We have an article that may help ease some of your fears: Your First Gynecologist Visit

In terms of what questions to ask, why don't you make a list of all the things you want to discuss and and the concerns you have right now? That way, you can have a reminder with you and don't need to worry about forgeting something important in the moment.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
skib143
not a newbie

Unread post by skib143 »

Okay thank you! About my pregnancy scare, what do you think about that? I used two methods if you include withdrawal, so I am pretty sure I am safe - but all this stuff is freaking me out. I dont want to go the doctor totally panicked, which is why I asked here
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

With two methods, pregnancy is very unlikely. You've also taken multiple tests with negative results: it's pretty clear that you are not pregnant.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic