Sexual Identity

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
YamiSphinx
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bi-sexual

Sexual Identity

Unread post by YamiSphinx »

I'm a straight? woman, I find other women sexually attractive but don't tend to get along with them, and I often find myself imagining I have a penis when I'm masturbating. I'm still with a man in my fantasies and everything else about me is the same, I just have a penis and I find the thought VERY exciting. I know there's no such thing as 'normal' but is there a 'name' for someone like me?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sexual Identity

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Yamisphinx,

You're right that there's no such thing as normal when it comes to desire. Have you had the chance to take some time and read up on different gender identities and sexual orientations to see if there's one that makes you go "AHA!"

I also think this advice column will help:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... _a_gay_guy
YamiSphinx
not a newbie

Thank you for getting back to me. I did read through a few of the forums here and it did show me that it's not my sexual identity but my gender identity. There weren't any that fit what I feel exactly though, I know I don't want to fully be a man so I don't think I can be considered trans gendered. It's just the thought of having a penis feels right to me. It got to the point I started researching if it could be done and what it would it entail. This is the first time I've told anyone this by the way and it's surprising how emotional it's making me feel finally getting this out. I'm actually crying right now and I honestly am not 100% sure why.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Is that emotional response you're having something you want to talk more with us about? :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
YamiSphinx
not a newbie

When I realized it was my gender identity I moved to that forum and have started talking to Karyn. :) Just waiting to hear from her.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Okay! Karyn is here for a few hours around once a week. So, you're certainly welcome to wait, if that's what you'd like to do and only want to talk with her. :)

If you'd prefer not to, anyone else who is here would also be glad to dive in there and talk with you as well. Up to you!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
YamiSphinx
not a newbie

I'm open to talking to anyone, she was just the only one talking to me over there. :)
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Okay! I just found that thread and made a small add -- didn't want to nudge my way in if that's not what you wanted -- but if you want to meet me over there, I'm happy to pick it up with you. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic