Pregnancy test

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
silverc
not a newbie

Pregnancy test

Unread post by silverc »

hi! I take a birth control pill that has a 4 yellow pills in each package. Usually my withdrawal bleed comes at the second day of the yellow pills. However this month it did not come and I took a pregnancy test the following day. That was 3 weeks after the last time me and my boyfriend had sex ( we were condoms and he did not come inside me. Though he fingered me after touching some semen and then wiped his hands on a towel). The test was negative. Did I take it to early or is that result reliable?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnancy test

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi silverc,

As long as you took the test according to the directions about when and how to test, you can assume the results are accurate.

Are you comfortable using condoms and withdrawl, or would you be more comfortable with an additional method?
silverc
not a newbie

Unread post by silverc »

Well, I am on the pill as well witch does make me feel more comfortable. I have read many places that it's normal to sometimes not get your period when taking the pill. Usually I bleed for four days but I have also had a couple of times in which I had nothing more than a little brown discharge for less then a day. Even so the lack of bleeding is just kind of disturbing. But if you have any other suggestions as for ways I can protect myself better I would appreciate them.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Oh duh, I somehow blanked that you'd mentioned the pills :) . Yep, it's not unusual to miss a period or withdrawl bleed here or there. If you're happy with the pill, then that's awesome! If you want to explore other options, you can check out our birth control bingo:
Birth Control Bingo!
silverc
not a newbie

Unread post by silverc »

I think the pill works well for me. But I will give it a look. Thank you so much!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic