Anal Sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
loveyoruxx
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she her
Sexual identity: bisexual

Anal Sex

Unread post by loveyoruxx »

So I have been on the birth control pill for awhile now, I'd say 5 months and with the pill my boyfriend also uses a condom. Except this time.. We had anal sex without a condom but still on the pill. He didnt cum inside me, he came on my back. We both are free of STDS and are both clean. Is there a chance of pregnancy?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Anal Sex

Unread post by Heather »

There is always some risk of pregnancy with intercourse of any kind. Anal intercourse, however, presents only incredibly small risks, and if you also use your pill properly, it's pretty safe to say the risk is about as close to none as it gets.

Really, the big risks posed with unprotected anal sex are the risks of STIs and other infections. But if you and your boyfriend have been sexually exclusive for at least six months, and, once you hit that six-month mark, both had a full STI panel with negative results, than those risks would also be very low, as well.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
loveyoruxx
not a newbie

Thank you very much! I do take the pill around the same time everyday like you are supposed to.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

And would you say that you feel okay relying only on your pill for protection (both pre pregnancy and STIs)? Some people do, while others find they don't, and that they feel a lot more relaxed and comfortable using two methods rather than one. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
loveyoruxx
not a newbie

Honestly no i am not comfortble with it. I wanted to try it but i feel more comfortable with a condom on and will use one next time
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Okay, so now you know! :)
loveyoruxx
not a newbie

I would also like to note that during anal sex his penis slipped out and rubbed against my vagina..
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

I'm not sure why you're adding this now, but as I said from the beginning, there is always some risk with this activity regardless, but as you made clear, you had the protection of your pill, so even with vaginal contact, that risk is small.

But again, infections are the larger risk here, including bacterial infections one can pick up if someone has their penis in your anus and then has contact with your vulva or vagina. So, moving forward, I'd suggest you stick with your limit about condoms use. But this incident is in the past, so there's really nothing -- save making sure you two are current with STI screens soon -- to do about it at this time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic