lighter flow after sex

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Dino12
Primary language: english
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: straight

lighter flow after sex

Post by Dino12 »

Me and my boyfriend have recently started having sex and we were both virgins before we started and we had sex a couple days before my period then we had sex a couple of more times two days before it and on the day it started. I've been on birth contol and we ve been using protection. Before we had sex on my period my flow was how it usally is but it's a day later and my flow has slowed down alot. Should I be worried?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: lighter flow after sex

Post by Ashleah »

Hi Dino12,

Doesn't sound like there is anything to worry about. I can't say for sure why your flow has slowed down. It could just be that time has passed. Even so, it is completely normal for periods to be different, even from day to day.

Sex doesn't affect your period for the most part (with the exception of pregnancy and STIs). A more detailed look at that here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... our_period
Dino12
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: straight

Post by Dino12 »

Dino12 wrote:Me and my boyfriend have recently started having sex and we were both virgins before we started and we had sex a couple days before my period then we had sex a couple of more times two days before it and on the day it started. I've been on birth contol and we ve been using protection. Before we had sex on my period my flow was how it usally is but it's a day later and my flow has slowed down alot. Should I be worried?
well also the thing is it seems to be stopping and I only just got it yesterday and it's already stopping today the day right after we had sex. And we've had sex about 6 times in three days and one of them was right on the first day that I got my period. And usally my period lasts for at least 5 days. Thats why I'm worried
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Post by Sam W »

Hi Dino,

If you're having pregnancy worries (which, given that you used two methods of protection, your risk was really, really, really low), you can check out this piece for the next steps:
The Pregnancy Panic Companion
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Post by Heather »

How about you give this a few days to see what happens? Periods do not stay the same over a lifetime, so it's typical for them to change up now and then.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic