The sex was different?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Volleygirl22
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Can spike a volleyball, but am only 4'9"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Les

The sex was different?

Unread post by Volleygirl22 »

There's this guy I've been sleeping with. We've had sex a few times (but aren't officially dating yet). Usually when we have sex, for lack of a better word, it's rough. But not like crazy rough. We did it again today, and it was different. He was really gentle, and we did more positions where I could look at him more, and we could kiss more. Could there be a reason for this or is it just possible he's just changing things up a bit? I was going to ask about it, but at the time, I brushed that to the side
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: The sex was different?

Unread post by Karyn »

He's the only person who knows what his reasons were, so if you're curious, you'll have to ask him. A lot of people - probably most - won't want exactly the same thing every time they have sex, so it's entirely possible that he just wanted something a bit more gentle this time but only he'd be able to say for sure.

How has the communication around sex been between you up to this point? I ask because from your post, it sounds like there might not be much communication before and during about what each of you would like and what you're in the mood for. Does that sound about right?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Volleygirl22
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Can spike a volleyball, but am only 4'9"
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Les

Unread post by Volleygirl22 »

Communication hasn't been an issue so far. I don't have a problem telling him what I like and don't like, and it doesn't seem like he does either. I was going to ask at the time, but figured I'd wait until later. I did end up asking him if he'd want to be in an actual relationship, and he said yes. So we've made it official now too :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Since it sounds like that was something you wanted, mazel tov! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic