In Need of Some Help and Advice.

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Tots216
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a very loving person with a good soul
Primary language: English.
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

In Need of Some Help and Advice.

Unread post by Tots216 »

Hi Scarleteen,

It has been 117 days since my last "pregnancy scare". I engaged in dry sex ( I was wearing jeans and undies, while my ex had nothing. He finished near my crotch area). This caused me to have major anxiety for the next several months. Since then, I've had 3 periods, but this month I believe to be late. My cycle can range from 28-35 days, but on average its usually 28-33 days. Last month, my cycle was 28 days long and my period lasted in total 7-8 days (if you count spotting). I'm on cycle day 32 and no period and i'm a tad bit worried.I've had no sexual encounters since sep. 10th. What should i do? :cry:
deadhead70
Awesomeness Quotient: my creative mind
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Re: In Need of Some Help and Advice.

Unread post by deadhead70 »

hey there, I've been through the same thing before with so many worries of pregnancy even when I know it's impossible for me to get pregnant (I'm in the middle of one right now). but since you've gotten your period since then, you have absolutely no reason to be concerned. anxiety and worry about getting your period and pregnancy can cause the period to come even later than expected. some girls even have missed periods just because and that's okay. consult a doctor if you're worried about unusual cycle. no worries of pregnancy though!
Tots216
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a very loving person with a good soul
Primary language: English.
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Tots216 »

It's nice to know i'm not the only one. I'm just a bit scared hearing that you can get your period and STILL be pregnant. I'm on cycle day 33 now and just a bit anxious.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Well, I'm not exactly sure where you're hearing that from. Because in reality, the very first thing that often tips people who do become pregnant off that they have is a menstrual period. And if and when people are in doubt or don't trust that, all they need to do is to test for pregnancy to verify that they're not.

But of course, to become pregnant in the first place people have to be part of the kind of contact that can result in pregnancy, and dry humping isn't it. Here's how it does happen and all that's needed for it to happen: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic