Worried about pregnancy, please help

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Heyguys
Awesomeness Quotient: Insightful
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Male

Worried about pregnancy, please help

Post by Heyguys »

Hey, my ex girlfriend and I last had sex on September 27th, she's on the pill and (I know the withdrawal method isn't a respectable BC method) I pulled out long before I was close to finishing, she missed a pill 4 days later and had a little spotting which I'd assume is due to the missed pill. She's gotten her period every month on the scheduled day except it was later in the day than usual which I thought was due to stress. But this month, over 3 months later, we're still waiting on her to get her period tonight when she should've gotten it at some point today. She also missed two pills in the first week this month, but obviously we haven't been having any sex because we're broken up. What are the chances she is pregnant?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Worried about pregnancy, please help

Post by Redskies »

(I removed a previous reply because it was incorrect, and from another user when this board - Ask Us - is for staff replies only.)

If you haven't had any sexual contact with her recently that could result in pregnancy, any pills she may have missed this month aren't any concern for you.

It's extremely unusual for a person's menstrual cycle to be so regular that their period comes on the same day every cycle - certainly, over a whole lifetime, it's not going to be like that every time for any person in the world, ever :) Even for people who are usually very regular, some variation by a few days either way is most common and should be expected.

Having periods after the last possible pregnancy risk is a big signal that the person isn't pregnant.

If you're still feeling concerned, can you walk yourself through The Pregnancy Panic Companion and identify your next steps?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Heyguys
Awesomeness Quotient: Insightful
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Male

Re: Worried about pregnancy, please help

Post by Heyguys »

Thank you so much, she got it this morning, should I take this as further proof she's not?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic