Anxiety Issues

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kipapa134
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: the stupidity of my existence. tbh nothing.
Primary language: either english/malay
Pronouns: he
Sexual identity: male

Anxiety Issues

Unread post by Kipapa134 »

I think I am having anxiety issues, can any of you help me? I think the thing that keeps popping into my mind is that the manual sex I did, as all the articles I've read says that it does not pose any pregnancy risk even if it includes fluid. Does the word "fluid" includes cum/ejaculation? (still unsure of the articles).

Even if i know that it does not pose any pregnancy risk, and that my girlfriend is just feeling okay and healthy, my mind keeps on asking "What if".

It's like every time I wake up in the morning, the only thing I do is go to scareleteen and read all previous forum with pregnancy scare issues that had the same situation as mine.

I don't want my future to be ruin by my girlfriend being pregnant and that maybe my parents would kick me out of the house and my parents would be so embaressed and dissapointed of me. After this, i promised myself and had discussed with my girlfriend to not do any more sex related things together later in the future. She also agreed to it.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Anxiety Issues

Unread post by Heather »

We make very clear in the user registration agreement for the boards and our site politics that we cannot assist users with mental health issues. We lack the capacity to do that. Anxiety is something that requires qualified mental healthcare when people find they cannot manage it themselves. If you cannot seem to stop yourself from doing things known to only keep anxiety going - like the obsessive reading you have been doing, and the reassurance seeking - that is a cue you need to seek out qualified help. You can do that by first just talking to a general healthcare provider.

We have also made very clear that we will not keep engaging with you with this scare discussion. Please afford us some respect and stop trying to push us to do so: you need to respect our set limits if you want to use our direct services. If you continue to refuse to do so, we will suspend or remove your ability to use our services.

Please know that if and when we do something we find scares us, and it is something - like anything sexual - we have a choice to do or not do, again, all we usually need to do is make different choices moving forward, and just give ourselves some time for those feelings of being scared of something we did in the past to subside. I understand that is an uncomfortable feeling, but it is temporary, and usually something people can cope with and get through. It also is something important, and not something to try and make anyone else make go away for us (which isn't possible, anyway): those feelings are a big part of what helps us figure out what choices are and are not right for us.

But again, if you are feeling like you simply cannot cope with these feelings that are most likely. Wry temporary, then seeking out mental healthcare would be your best next step.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Locked Previous topicNext topic