Late Period?? PLEASE HELP!!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
heyyou
Awesomeness Quotient: my hair
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Late Period?? PLEASE HELP!!

Unread post by heyyou »

Hi um I am 13 years old, I'm a virgin and my period is almost a week late. I have never been this late before, and my friend is almost the exact amount of days late as me (if that has anything to do with it). Also I have been masturbating a lot more too. I have discharge but I think that is normal (It's clear/ whitish) . I don't know if I have an infection, or I am too stressed, or something. All these websites say I might have a UTI, or cancer, or an infection. I just want to know what's wrong with me. Help?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Late Period??

Unread post by Mo »

It's not at all unusual for periods to be later than expected sometimes; a late period, or one that skips a month entirely on occasion, isn't a sign of a problem on its own. We have more info on that here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? If you aren't noticing any other physical symptoms there's really no reason to suspect that anything's amiss here. If you're reading websites that say a late period is a sign of cancer, that's a pretty big sign that they aren't reliable sources of information! You may want to take a look at this site about evaluating sex ed sites for reliability: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online

Also, how are you charting your periods, and what's your average cycle length right now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic