Is pre cum suppose to white?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

Is pre cum suppose to white?

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Hello! I have many questions actually lol
How come my boyfriend's pre-cum is always a whiteish colour? Even after he urinates a few times and such. On your site it says pre cum does not contain sperm, as it only does if it was from a previous ejaculation. Is the whiteish colour still sperm in it even after urinating a bunch of times? Or does pre cum also contain like nutrients, fats and such that is causing the milky colour?
I'd like to know because I may have had a little bit of unprotected genital contact today lol (won't do it again cause it was kinda stupid to do lol)
We only tried it for a little bit and he put on a condom way way before ejaculation. Btw what's the difference between the withdrawal method and typical condom use? I mean like Wouldn't it share a couple of similarities?
Also, for a couple of years I have Been tracking my period/mucus/ovulation/temperate etc. I've had my period since I was 9 lol. I generally notice that I ovulate a week after my period starts (when my sharpe pains bloating and mucus comes out) I know using the period tracker apps are bad but if have been tracking for a long time and putting about a years worth of charted periods in my app, would it be accurate (not 100% probably) but at least a good estimation? It predicted that my cycle is around 25 days (which 95% of my periods start) and seems to predict my ovulation around the times the egg white start coming lol
Also sometimes I spot old blood before the full on blood menstruating. Say for example I spot on 24 and full on bleeding starts on 25...do I count 24 as the period day or 25? I've heard to count the day that it is full on menstruation lol. Is it true?
If so anyway my periods gonna come soon. Got my ol anger, little breast tenderness going on lol. All of my mucus and ovulation symptoms happened at the beginning of the month and my app says it is a low chance of pregnancy the little mishap I've had. Like I said, apps probably not accurate but I've been charting for years, am 22 years old now and know my body well. What do I trust? lol.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is pre cum suppose to white?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi xmetalgirl,

Pre-ejaculate contains a variety of things meant to make the vagina more hospitable to sperm. The reason condoms have a higher effectiveness than something like withdrawal is that it's still not entirely known when pre-cum contains sperm. There's also the fact that many younger guys are not great at controlling ejaculation -- that tends to take a good deal of experience, as in, often years of it, and with partners -- so they end up not pulling out in time.

As for your tracker, it sounds like it's not having you track things that would make its predictions more accurate. You might want to compare using the tracker to the process described in this article to get a sense of how accurate it is: Get With the Flow: All About FAM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic