Question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Audryll
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I don't know
Primary language: English

Question

Unread post by Audryll »

Hmm haven't been on here a lot. But,I have a question. I'm not quite sure if you guys could answer this though. This question is about my brother.. So..........the MAIN reason I don't wanna tell/report it's because I don't know if it's true or it's my mind messing with me. I really don't know. I mean, since it happened a few years back, how sure could I be tht this REALLY did happen. What if I got him in trouble for. NOTHING. I know something had happened but I'm not sure if it REALLY happened. That was why I wanted to talk to him about it. To kinda get his side of the story. I know this sounds very confusing. Sorry. But,should I trust my memories? He still touches me a lot, but just my butt and rubs my shoulder and back. (I don't know if tht's counted)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Question

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Audryll,

One way to think about it is that this would be an unlikely thing for you to imagine out of thin air, so there isn't a lot of reason to believe it didn't happen. That seems especially true if he still touches you a lot, and in ways that make you feel uncomfortable.
Audryll
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I don't know

Unread post by Audryll »

Yeah well I guess that make sense. Would he had forgotten it though?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

People don't usually forget assaulting someone else, if that's what you were asking. Very rarely, someone may not remember if they were under the influence of some mind-altering substance or experiencing certain kinds of serious mental illness at the time. But, otherwise, the vast majority of the time, someone will remember assaulting another person.

What is common, though, is for a person to deny that they did it, or to claim that they don't remember. Either of those are much, much more likely than someone admitting they did it.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic