Broken condom?!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
BeeNot
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm friendly and kind to everyone
Primary language: Romanian
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Broken condom?!

Unread post by BeeNot »

I've had sex for the 3rd time around 12 hours ago and somehow the condom broke right after he finished, when he took his penis out from me. Most of the semen leaked on the bed, but there was a pretty big amount in my vagina as well. I've been on the pill for almost 4 month, I will finish my pack on the next Wednesday, 4th of May and I had my last period between 9th and 13th of April.
As I freaked out because I know no birth control is 100% effective, I went to the clinic I got my birth control from to get the morning after pill. The lady told me that as long as I didn't miss any pills this month I would be fine. I did miss two of the pills in different days, not in a row and took them the next day when I remembered about them, but I can't remember if it happened this month or in March.
Do you think I would be fine? And just to reassure, when could I take a test?
Bianca :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Broken condom?!

Unread post by Heather »

I'm sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. It sounds, to me, like you're saying you had a condom break, but are already on the pill, and may have also used emergency contraception, in order to -- with one or both -- take care of pregnancy prevention as best you can, so you've done all you can do there.

In terms of when someone can take a pregnancy test and expect accurate results, most tests instructions state that they should be used when someone has a missed or late period.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
BeeNot
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm friendly and kind to everyone
Primary language: Romanian
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by BeeNot »

Thank you for your response, I am sorry for this misunderstanding, I didn't make myself clear. Yes, I had a condom break and I'm also on birth control. I wanted to take the emergency contraception just to make sure everything would be alright, but I did not as the lady at the clinic told me I would be fine as long as I didn't miss any pills this month - so I was just asking if you think I would be fine as no birth control is 100% effective.
Thank you!
Bianca :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

If by fine you mean pregnant or not pregnant, that's not something we can answer, it's just something all anyone can ever do is do what they can do -- as you did with already using a method -- and see what happens from there. Alas, we lack a crystal ball. :)

However, this isn't the first time you've had trouble with condom use, so if you want to talk about how you're using condoms so that you're less likely to keep having them slip off or break in the future, we can certainly do that with you.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic