Clarification Issue

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
emr1113
not a newbie

Clarification Issue

Unread post by emr1113 »

This was going to be a pregnancy scare post, but I noticed you guys explicitly don't allow those anymore. Upon checking the documents given for pregnancy scares, I have a question regarding circumstances. In my scenario, I unintentionally got some excess ejaculation near my girlfriend's inner thigh, close to the vulva. Upon its occurrence, I immediately wiped it up with a towel and then wiped her vulva and vaginal opening in case there was anything I had missed. Given the circumstances, I feel as if I'm in a sort of grey area. As only a few drops of visible ejactulate were found on her vulva, and as I immediately wiped everything relatively dry, would this diminish the risk otherwise associated with ejaculation near or on the vulva?

Follow-up question that I can't seem to find the answer to: can semen exist in microscopic quantities? I know that sperm can, but I'm not sure if there's the possibility of microscopically unrecognizable semen posing a threat, while I'm sure it exists.

Thanks!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Clarification Issue

Unread post by Mo »

Pretty much anything can exist in microscopic quantities, but in the situation you're describing we really can't tell you anything more specific about your potential risk than our other risk-assessment materials can. If you haven't seen this specific article, I think it does a great job of outlining what your next steps can be in terms of thinking about how you want to handle potential risks in the future, or what steps you can take to minimize worries around pregnancy when a risk isn't present: The Pregnancy Panic Companion
emr1113
not a newbie

Unread post by emr1113 »

So judging by your reply, in this case you feel there isn't even a risk?
emr1113
not a newbie

Unread post by emr1113 »

Mo wrote:Pretty much anything can exist in microscopic quantities, but in the situation you're describing we really can't tell you anything more specific about your potential risk than our other risk-assessment materials can. If you haven't seen this specific article, I think it does a great job of outlining what your next steps can be in terms of thinking about how you want to handle potential risks in the future, or what steps you can take to minimize worries around pregnancy when a risk isn't present: The Pregnancy Panic Companion
So are actually saying that there is no risk in my situation, as implied by your last comment on how to handle no-risk situations? If not, I'm not sure I'm getting what you're saying.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

What Mo was saying is that we can't get any more specific than the materials on the site already do, because we weren't there to see exactly where the ejaculate went. Following the steps in the link Mo gave you is the best bet forward.

It sounds like you're not totally comfortable engaging in the type of activities that you currently are. If that's the case, we advise users to dial back their sexual activity to a level where they feel more comfortable. If that's something you're interested in talking more about, we can do that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic