Period Problems

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
OctoberSamurai
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Period Problems

Unread post by OctoberSamurai »

I've been on birth control for years, and about a year ago switched to Trinessa. This happened when I first switched, not sure why it's happening now.

Last month and this month, my periods have just been light and brown. And light as in I don't need a pad or panyliner. I only see it when I wipe. (TMI warning: Yesterday when I wiped it was brown and clumpy. My normal periods are red,.clumpy, and kind of heavy.) And it happens on my placebo pill week in place of my period. It last for three days then goes away.

I take my pill everyday, around 10ish, occasionally 11. I have protected sex and no the condoms haven't broken. (I even took a pregnancy test after this brown period last month and it was negative), so I'm 99% sure this isn't pregnancy. But I could be wrong. I'm also having all my normal period symptoms, cramps, breast pain, irritability, and cravings.

I'm just slightly freaking out cause I don't know what's going on. It's not like when I first started using a new brand and my body was getting used to it. I mean could I be sick? There's no changes in how I feel nothing when I urinate, no changes during or after sex. Or is this something that happens on the pill?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period Problems

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Octobersamurai,

You can experience changes to your cycle (be that in how the flow is, what symptoms you get, etc) at any point, because bodies change. It is also possible that this is a new side effect of your switching to a different pill (side-effects don't always happen right away). However, we can't really say what the cause of this is. Since it sounds like you're worried about it, I would check in with the doctor who gave you the pill and ask them if they can shed some light on what's happening.
OctoberSamurai
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Period Problems

Unread post by OctoberSamurai »

Sam W wrote:Hi Octobersamurai,

You can experience changes to your cycle (be that in how the flow is, what symptoms you get, etc) at any point, because bodies change. It is also possible that this is a new side effect of your switching to a different pill (side-effects don't always happen right away). However, we can't really say what the cause of this is. Since it sounds like you're worried about it, I would check in with the doctor who gave you the pill and ask them if they can shed some light on what's happening.
Hey! Thanks! I didn't think side effects could happen later on. I'm scheduled to see my doctor in September. But I can always give her a call.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic