Nevermind

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Chubbybunny

Nevermind

Unread post by Chubbybunny »

Never mind I just read your sites policy on these types of questions and don't want to infringe upon that.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Am I at risk or am I over thinking?

Unread post by Karyn »

I don't see any need for Plan B: it's very likely the implant was effective by the time you had sex, and so Plan B wouldn't do anything the implant isn't doing already. However, you can always phone the doctor who inserted it for you and double check if you like.

(I appreciate your wanting to abide by the site policy, by the way, but it wasn't necessary to edit your post.)
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Nevermind

Unread post by Redskies »

Just adding a bit to clarify your queries about the usual waiting time with Nexplanon, before you can rely on it as a contraceptive: the usual advice is, indeed, one week.

Anything that says several months is nonsense. For sure, it can take a few months for side-effects to settle down completely after beginning a new hormonal method, but that has nothing to do with contraceptive effectiveness.

If someone's switching directly to the implant from a different hormonal method, in some cases they'll have continuous contraceptive protection; a healthcare provider will inform you if/when that's the case for your specific circumstances. That's likely where some people would get "straight away" from - it's for particular circumstances only.

It's always best to go with what your healthcare provider has advised you per your contraceptive usage and protection, rather than reading around lots of maybe-not-very-reliable things online :)
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Chubbybunny

Re: Nevermind

Unread post by Chubbybunny »

Thanks you very much for the quick responses to my question I really appreciate it. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic