Broken Condom

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
lovelylor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Broken Condom

Unread post by lovelylor »

At some point during the last time I had sex the condom broke. After my partner noticed we stopped and moved on to oral instead. This was long before he ejaculated but I have heard that you can get pregnant from pre-ejaculate. He urinated before we started, and this was my first time having intercourse in just over a year (not sure if either of those things makes a difference.) I'm not on the pill and my period should start anytime now. This was last night. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Should I get the morning after pill? And is it true that the morning after pill can mess up your uterus? I've only heard that once but I don't want any permanent negative effects. But I also don't want a baby either. Thank you for your help!
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Broken Condom

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to the boards, lovelylor.

The morning after pill cannot mess up anyone's uterus or their future fertility in any way. It's a very safe medication, and it is not connected with any long-term or permanent side effects. Some people find that it causes temporary changes to their menstrual cycle - for example, their next period might happen at a different time than expected - but it is only temporary and it's not a health problem.

With a broken condom and no ejaculation, that means you still had withdrawal as a method of contraception. That makes the chance of pregnancy a lot lower than if your partner had ejaculated, but there is still some risk. If you'd like to lower that risk, you have the option of using emergency contraception. Is that something you'd like to consider, and if so, do you know how to access it?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
lovelylor

I'm definitely willing to try it and I know that they sell it at most grocery and drug stores. My only problem is that my car broke down yesterday so I don't have a way to get there at the moment. I don't want to talk to my mom about it unless I absolutely have to so I might just call a friend.
lovelylor

Also, if I get my period at the normal time may I safely assume that everything is fine and that I'm not pregnant?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer

If you want to go to a store, calling a friend is definitely a good option :)

Getting a period means someone isn't pregnant. The only thing to be aware of, if you take emergency contraception, is that it sometimes causes changes to the menstrual cycle, so it wouldn't be a surprise if your period came at a different time to when you expected it and/or behaved a little differently to normal.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
lovelylor

This has been really helpful, thank you!
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer

You're very welcome!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic