Pregnancy scare after losing virginity

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bb1234

Pregnancy scare after losing virginity

Unread post by bb1234 »

Hi! I'm 23 years old and I recently just lost my virginity to my boyfriend, and by recently, I mean about 2 weeks ago. We used protection and he is not a virgin, so he knew what to do with the condoms. We did it again a few hours later. Both times, we used protection and the condoms didn't break, but he came both times. However, I did it about 1.5 weeks after my first day of my last period, which, according to my period app, means that the chances of getting pregnant is a lot higher. I also gave him a couple of blowjobs and I think I might have swallowed his cum. I'm worried that I might be pregnant because I'm 3 days late now on my period. So now, I'm having one of the biggest paranoia ever. It's normal for me to be a couple of days late, by the way. I have taken home pregnancy tests a day after my period was expected, the day after, and another one today. They all came out to be negative. But I read that they might be false negatives if I took them too early in the pregnancy. I've been really stressed about this and to top it all off, I am in my midterm exams period at school. I haven't been sleeping more than 4-5 hours a night, but that's usually normal for me. But lately, I haven't really been motivated to go to my morning classes and I started skipping classes to sleep a little bit more. I started seeing symptoms in myself, such as back pain, acne, and fatigue. I don't know if I'm I over thinking it or not? I feel so alone because I don't want to talk about it to my boyfriend just because I might just be over thinking it, which I always tend to do. I get very anxious when something that is out of the ordinary happens around me. I would always start thinking about the worst case scenario. I feel like I'm tricking my brain to think that I am pregnant. I really need to talk to someone about it, but I don't want my parents and friends to judge me. Thankfully, I found this thread online. The articles that I've been reading online haven't really been a great help. They made me even more scared. I don't know what to do now. It's really affecting my daily life.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnancy scare after losing virginity

Unread post by Karyn »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Locked Previous topicNext topic