Uncomfortable First Time

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
turtle_powahh
Pronouns: she/her

Uncomfortable First Time

Unread post by turtle_powahh »

For my first time trying, I used lube and was aroused but the pain was unbearable and I couldn't get put an inch or two in without wanted to scream. He was on top of me and I was helping guide it in. We stopped and tried again a few times but it just hurt too much. I used to use super plus tampons but ever since I was put on birth control which was 3-4 years ago, I haven't used tampons. And I don't use fingers for masturbation so therefore I'm tight as tight can be and he is big so that is a factor. Also, ever since that night I have been bleeding as if I'm on my period. I thought it may just be an imbalance with birth control due to being put on other medication for anxiety and sleep but I'm a little worried. I want it to not be painful and I also want to stop bleeding. Advice?
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Re: Uncomfortable First Time

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi turtle_powahh, welcome to Scarleteen! I'm sorry to hear you're having painful sex. One thing I'd like to clear up first -- not using tampons and/or fingers and/or sex toys during masturbation doesn't cause the vaginal canal to become "tight." The vagina is a muscle that relaxes and loosens when one is aroused, any "tightness" would come from exercising that muscle, so totally the opposite of what you're talking about here! What is really the case in that situation usually is that you get a bit out of practise, per se, of knowing your body and relaxing/getting aroused enough to allow for entry.

If your bleeding continues for more than a few days, it's time to call your doctor just to make sure there's nothing else going on. It may indeed be related to your birth control, or something entirely unrelated, but it's important to check in so you can stay on top of your health.

Here is an awesome article I suggest to get started with:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

Does anything that article bring up seem like it may play a part in what's going on for you? Is there anything suggested in that article that you hadn't considered before and may be a factor?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic