Spotting on Birth Control, haven't missed any pills

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
suchening
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Spotting on Birth Control, haven't missed any pills

Unread post by suchening »

Hi Scarleteen-
I've been having spotting for almost 2 days now on birth control pills and my "period" is still a week away. I haven't missed any pills since November and I take my pills within a 2 hour window almost always. I haven't had sex with my partner since before my last 2 "periods" but we still engage in foreplay but I can't think of any instances where any ejaculate or pre-ejaculate got in or near my vagina. I really don't think pregnancy is a possibility. I am going for a transvaginal ultrasound this Friday at my gyno so I am for sure going to ask her what she thinks the spotting could be. I was at my gyno about a week ago and my gyno did some checking up in my vagina so I wonder if the bleeding could be from her prodding around in there. My partner was last screened for STDs after he broke up with his last partner and tested clean. I have been tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia and tested clean for those. I know spotting can be a side effect of birth control but I am wondering if it really could be an STD or something else? I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask before I saw my gyno again. Thank you!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Spotting on Birth Control, haven't missed any pills

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there: I just got your other post with this same question, so please check it for your answer. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic