Bleeding after sex?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Bleeding after sex?

Unread post by Angeldelight123 »

Hi there,

This morning me and my boyfriend had sex, but he went a little too deep and it really hurt suddenly, so we stopped and started again but slowly until I eased into it then it was absolutely fine and dandy.
After he went home, about an hour later after sex, I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a bit of blood.. this made me panic.
What could this be? Could it be the deep penetration causing the bleeding? Or something else?..

I've been on the pill for 6 months and I have never ever missed a pill or took one late, but I read up about "implantation bleeding" which made me freak out even more!

This bleeding is really unusual for me as it's never happened before, it's stopped now and it was the tiniest amount but sex has always been no problem for us so it is worrying for me.

Please help, any advice as to what this bleeding could be would be so so great! :?
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Re: Bleeding after sex?

Can I also add that STDs are NOT an issue for us, my boyfriend and I were each other's first for any kind of sexual activity and i know that for a FACT.
Lyssa
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Determination
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Lyssa »

Hi Angeldelight123!

So, there are several reasons why bleeding could happen during or after intercourse, like cervicitis ( an inflammation of your cervix), sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia or gonorrhea, vaginal dryness or trauma/injury, or uterine fibroids. These are of course some common reasons why it happens as we can't diagnosis exactly why or what caused you to bleed during intercourse.

Check out these two helpful articles to learn more about this:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ntercourse
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

It sounds like the bleeding was the result of intercourse, since it felt painful at the beginning. Were you fully aroused, or using lube of any kind? Lube reduces the chances of bleeding happening from too much friction.
Lube 101: A Slick Little primer

I also wanted to check in and see if you are still interested in continuing using the pill as a birth control method? From your past posts, it seems like using the pill has caused you some anxiety around it's effectiveness.
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Thanks for your reply Lyssa!

I must be honest, I was not fully aroused at the time, I do truely believe the bleeding was from the intercourse because it was sore in the beginning when my boyfriend went too deep too soon then it was fine afterwards when I got more into it. The amount of bleeding was quite small, it ended pretty quickly like a few minutes later, and there is no other possible reason that I can think of that would cause the bleeding otherwise apart from this morning's intercourse.
Also, yes, I am fine with the pill, I just like to get as much info on it as possible for future reference! Do you think I could just put it down to that intercourse to have been the cause?
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Now that I actually think about it, I really wasn't that turned on when it happened, so it was more painful.
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

As Lyssa already said before, not being fully aroused and lack of lubrication could explained the bleeding.

That being said, I want to mentioned that -- even if it sounds obvious, sometimes is not! -- sex is something that is always going to feel better and be more pleasurable when everyone involved is really, really excited about it. Desire is one key ingredient to this equation and is very important that we learn how to understand it. I am going to leave an article about this topic that I feel might be useful for you: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/gende ... out_desire

I hope you enjoy reading it. :)
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

So could it be that I wasn't turned on that caused the bleeding/pain?

Thanks guys!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Since you have also reported a pattern of infections, again, my best advice would be that you see a qualified healthcare provider.

Yes, not being aroused could have been the issue here, but given your other post, it seems equally likely this could be about an infection.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Hi heather,

I'm not sure if you have mistaken my post for someone else's, because I have never reported having an infection at all on this website.

I'm putting the bleeding down to not being fully aroused because that is the only logical reason I can think of personally that would cause it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic