Bleeding and pain after period

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
ICantThink
not a newbie

Bleeding and pain after period

Unread post by ICantThink »

My period started on the 16 and ended the 21/22. On the 25 I had unprotected sex and took Plan B a couple hours ago because I was camping and couldn't get to a place that had it until today and didn't realize I hadn't packed my birth control. Sometime yesterday, I started bleeding a little bit but didn't think much of it because sometimes we get a little rough and there's a bit of spotting for a bit and then it stops; but today it's full on as if it's my period heavy flow with cramps and all.

It's been several days since my period ended and this sort of thing has never happened before. I can't to a doctor right now as I'm in the process of moving so I don't currently have one, and I'm not freaking out thinking it's a pregnancy scare because I took Plan B within the given time frame even if it wasn't asap. But I don't know what's going on with me and that's worrying me some because this hasn't ever happened before and I know my schedule. I didn't see any articles on it, but I might have missed one. I just need some advice on what it could be maybe that's causing it?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Bleeding and pain after period

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi ICan'tThink,

We can't for say sure, but between taking plan b and having a disruption in your normal birth control you may have made your cycle a little wonky. That's a possible side effect of plan b, and it sounds like it may be what's happening here. If you notice that this starts feeling less like a period and more like something else (or the cramps keep increasing in intensity or happen somewhere unusual), then that's a good time to see if there's a health clinic nearby where you could get checked on.
ICantThink
not a newbie

Unread post by ICantThink »

I was guessing that, but didn't want to make a guess if it sounded like something serious and not go see someone. But it started in between being off the birth control for a couple days and taking plan b. It makes sense though, I'll definitely being keeping an eye on things. Thank you
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic