Withdrawal Bleed

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
theatrebug
not a newbie
Pronouns: She her

Withdrawal Bleed

Unread post by theatrebug »

Every time I am on my break week from my pills I get so anxious waiting for my period. Usually it doesn't come until day 4 or 5. Last month it didn't come until day 5 of the placebo pills and it was a very light in consistency and brown to pink in color.

Are all these things normal to be expected while on birth control pills?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Withdrawal Bleed

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi theatrebug,

Yep, what you're describing is within the normal variation people experience while on the pill.

Have you given any thought to the questions I asked last time about your comfort level with the type of sex you're engaging in or the birth control you're using?
theatrebug
not a newbie
Pronouns: She her

Unread post by theatrebug »

My bf and I have not had sex in a month because I've needed some time. I've also been on the pill for 6 years and always thought it worked great! It's just these last 2 months that I have been uneasy about it all.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Do you have any sense of what might be different for you recently?

For example, has anything been different in your relationship or in how you feel about you relationship?

How about in your life in general: any changes, or anything more stressful than usual? Have you felt more worried or anxious than usual about anything else?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic