Can't feel anything

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Bluetonica
Awesomeness Quotient: My intelligence
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

Can't feel anything

Unread post by Bluetonica »

Hello! Before I start I have to say that I love this site so much! I've been reading up on here for a couple of weeks and finally got myself to register. Sheesh!

I'm currently a 14 year old really frustrated girl! The thought of masturbation has been in my mind a couple of times before and after a little bit of testing out the waters down there and feeling nothing I gave up. A week ago I was feeling in the mood in the shower and tried rubbing the good ol' clit, but nothing happened. I didn't feel anything! I tried to get myself even MORE in the mood (nipple stimulation, running water, humping towels, rubbing my thighs, heck I even looked a lil something up online to get the engines going) but nothing. The closest I got to feeling something good was running water from the shower head on my clit, but I can't feel anything as good as it is described by other people online! Ever since I have worked on it everyday and given it it's time, but I still feel very frustrated. Am I too young? What else should I try? Is it a matter of patience? What do you think I should do? :(

Thank You!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Can't feel anything

Unread post by Mo »

Hi Bluetonica, and welcome to Scarleteen.

It can definitely take some time to figure out what sort of touch feels best during masturbation, so it could be that with a little more time spent experimenting you'll get a better handle on what feels good.

Some people find that clitoral stimulation doesn't feel like much at all (or is actively uncomfortable) if they aren't already feeling a lot of arousal. In addition, a lack of lubrication can make things uncomfortable or unremarkable; being more aroused will generally lead to more self-lubrication and a commercial water-based lube can help as well.
When you're trying to masturbate, are you already feeling really aroused when you start? If not, you may find that it helps to get your brain really warmed up before you get your body involved; so much of sexual pleasure is about what's happening in the mind, after all. This article here might be of some help: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

You aren't too young to masturbate, for sure; plenty of people your age do, and in fact it's common for very young children to masturbate as well. But there is a learning curve for this, as there is for many things, so I think you'll find it comes easier to you as time goes on. If you're feeling really frustrated, though, that probably means it's time to take a break; feeling stressed or annoyed about not being aroused or feeling pleasure isn't going to make those feelings any easier to have in the moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic