Not achieving orgasm?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Limes
Awesomeness Quotient: Hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Not achieving orgasm?

Unread post by Limes »

Lately it seems like I cannot orgasm from any kind of stimulation if something is inside my vagina. I've never been able to have a penetrative orgasm, but lately its become absolutely impossible to achieve it if something is in my vagina, even if I rub my clit. I don't have this problem with anal penetration.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Not achieving orgasm?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Limes,

So you know, most people with vaginas will not achieve orgasm from insertion of a penis (or other object) alone, so looking for other ways to stimulate yourself is a sound move (and a something it sounds like you're trying). When something is inside your vagina, does it feel good? Or does it feel sort of meh or uncomfortable?
Limes

Unread post by Limes »

Vaginal penetration feels very good, and there's only discomfort if I'm at a weird angle or my boyfriend and I have been doing it for more than half an hour. I've been able to orgasm with clitoral stimulation alone, and I've been able to orgasm with clitoral stimulation with anal penetration(preferred method), but for some reason it just won't happen with vaginal penetration with or without clitoral stimulation. It feels like I get really close every time but it just doesn't happen.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Go it. You might want to take a look at this article, as some of the information in it could help you out: The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum

Is there any reason why you and your partner couldn't make vaginal intercourse something you engage because it feels good but with the understanding that you'll need another activity to help you orgasm afterwards? In other words, is there a particular reason it's important to you that you orgasm from vaginal intercourse?
Limes

Unread post by Limes »

When I ask my partner about it, he doesnt seem to mind it, but sometimes there's just something so thrilling about the thought of me orgasming while he's inside me. It's not a huge issue with me, and he's more than willing to help finish the deed after he's already finished. Thanks for the help!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I'm seeing this late, but it sounds like your desire to have orgasm with this might be exactly what's getting in the way of it most (loopy, I know). So often when people are very focused on orgasm, including wanting it to happen a certain way, and trying really hard, it winds up backfiring and making it harder.

Bodies are very unpredictable, and our sexual responses can change, but it may well be that the thing that'll help you out the most here is to do what you can to really let go of an attachment to reaching orgasm this way when you're engaging in this activity (no need to stop fantasizing about it with masturbation, for instance) and just go with the flow more, just following and focusing on what feels good. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic