How To Masterbate?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
anonymous21
Awesomeness Quotient: I make people laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Pansexual

How To Masterbate?

Unread post by anonymous21 »

Hi I’m a 21 year old female I’ve been trying for so long to learn how to do penetration with my fingers it’s something I really want to try. But when I try I feel like I’m doing it wrong I don’t know how to explain it, it feels like I’m in the wrong place.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: How To Masterbate?

Unread post by Heather »

Well, not everyone enjoys fingers inside their vagina, and when it comes to doing it yourself, it can for sure be a little more difficult because it can be hard to get the kind of angles that may make it feel good to you.

Are you aware that this isn't the only way to masturbate (and, in fact, isn't a way most people with vaginas do masturbate, or do all by itself)? If so, do you enjoy the other ways you already masturbate?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
anonymous21

Yes I do know that’s not the only way to do it I do kinda enjoy my regular routine but sometimes I just wanna spice it up.
Heather wrote:Well, not everyone enjoys fingers inside their vagina, and when it comes to doing it yourself, it can for sure be a little more difficult because it can be hard to get the kind of angles that may make it feel good to you.

Are you aware that this isn't the only way to masturbate (and, in fact, isn't a way most people with vaginas do masturbate, or do all by itself)? If so, do you enjoy the other ways you already masturbate?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Okay, but changing things up probably means to things you enjoy, right? It might just be that fingers inside your vagina -- doing it to yourself, or doing it period -- isn't one of those things.

If you have explored it a lot, trying a whole lot of different things and angles, that might just be the case. Or, it may be that if you want to add something to your masturbation that involves putting something into your vagina, a toy will work better for you than your fingers.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
anonymous21

Unfortunately I still live at home with absolutely no privacy so my normal routine is get it done ASAP so sex toys are also out of the question.
Heather wrote:Okay, but changing things up probably means to things you enjoy, right? It might just be that fingers inside your vagina -- doing it to yourself, or doing it period -- isn't one of those things.

If you have explored it a lot, trying a whole lot of different things and angles, that might just be the case. Or, it may be that if you want to add something to your masturbation that involves putting something into your vagina, a toy will work better for you than your fingers.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi anonymous21!

I imagine that feeling you have zero privacy would definitely get in the way of being able to enjoy anything sexually, not to mention be pretty stressful in itself. I really think privacy and giving each other space is really important.

Is this something you could negotiate with who you live with? It doesn't have to be framed as a masturbation thing but bringing it up as something you need more of, sounds like it could be great for you, even if a difficult conversation at first.

In the meantime, when difficulty getting access to sex is an issue this article of ours can be really helpful: D.I.Y. Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic