Disaster of Inexperience

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Music
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I learn well by doing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Disaster of Inexperience

Unread post by Music »

I've finally decided to learn how to start loving myself, and with that I wanted to try masturbation. I clearly didn't have enough knowledge (most advice I found before this site was just "finger your until orgasm" clearly not helpful) because on my first attempt while playing with a little bullet vibe, I just, wet myself. Apparently there is a difference between the tingly feeling of doing it right and the tingly feeling of spazing your bladder? I'm left with wondering just what the heck I did wrong??
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Disaster of Inexperience

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Music,

Sounds like your first attempt at masturbation ended a little differently than you were expecting, but that doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Masturbation involves a lot of experimentation to find the ways of doing it that work best for body, and you've already started experimenting, which is rad! Since you're just stating out, you may not have a great frame of reference for different sensations in your body, which lead to this surprise. But, that will go away as you get to know yourself better. When you tried masturbating, did it at least feel good? Or was it something uncomfortable capped off by something surprising and unwanted?
Too, take a look at this article about squirting: Squirt: On Ejaculation . Does anything in that match what you experienced?
Music
not a newbie

Unread post by Music »

I wondered if squirting was possibility. I assumed since the liquid had a vauge urine smell that that was what the liquid was. My clit seems to be the kind that hides away somewhere, so I was just chasing the sensations. And while it did feel good, the panic of having no idea what happened killed the good feeling I was slowly beginning to build up.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Ejaculate also has urea (the primary component of urine) in it, and honestly, no one is still sure how much of ejaculate is or isn't urine. Personally, I'm always inclined to say it really doesn't matter. It's the same mess (or not mess, depending on volume) regardless, it's not like there is something bad about urine but good about ejaculate, besides an artificial social stigma some people put on it, you know?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Music
not a newbie

Unread post by Music »

Huh, my main concern was I didn't want my mattress smelling funny.

Guess I'll just need to keep en eye out in the future.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Or you can just keep a towel out. :) That's what people who either (or both) experience ejaculation or have bladder control issues will do.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic