Increased discharge

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
sarysar123
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Increased discharge

Unread post by sarysar123 »

Hello!
So this isn't a huge deal but I've tried to research this on my own and can't really find anything too solid.

My boyfriend and I rarely have sex, but when we do, it's with a condom. We've never had any malfunctions with it and we always fill it with water afterward (gross I know but I'm always a tad paranoid) to make sure there wasn't any leaks.

After every time we do it though, I always have increased discharge for about a week, a little less usually. There is no smell, it's just watery and thin.

I guess what I'm asking is why does this happen?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Increased discharge

Unread post by Redskies »

I know you've asked us about watery discharge before - have you been able to get any sexual healthcare? Watery discharge can sometimes be caused by a vaginal imbalance or infection, so it's a good idea to get checked by an in-person healthcare provider.

It's really not necessary to put water in condoms after use. I know that's become a popular idea recently, but wherever it originated was entirely misinformed. Condoms are designed and manufactured not to leak when they're used correctly, and if one does break, the break becomes big and obvious. If it looks okay when you've finished using it, you can be assured that it is completely okay and it did its job. The one thing they're Not designed to withstand is to be filled with water, so the water itself may well cause a break and then cause you unnecessary worry.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic