Precum & Condoms Breaking in the beginning

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Petite_Gyal1991
not a newbie
Sexual identity: Straight

Precum & Condoms Breaking in the beginning

Unread post by Petite_Gyal1991 »

Hi, I'm not worried or anything. I'm just curious. So my boyfriend and I were having sex and we use condoms and I'm on the pill (ortho tri cyclen lo) and several times the condoms broke but it was like a minute or 2 after we started and he immediately pulled out and hadn't ejaculated at all. I'm just curious, can pre-cum still get you pregnant even if the guy doesn't ejaculate and even if you take the birth control pill religiously at the same time of day? My best friend told me that people still get pregnant after taking the pill religiously and I'm wondering if that's accurate or just a case of people skipping or missing pills.

And on a side note most of the times it broke we were having anal sex. if that matters.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Precum & Condoms Breaking in the beginning

Unread post by Mo »

No form of birth control is entirely guaranteed to work 100% of the time, so yes it's possible to become pregnant without ejaculation, when on the pill. But we're talking winning-the-lottery levels of possibility. This article has a rundown of the effectiveness of various birth control methods when combined; if you look up withdrawal + the pill on there, you'll see what I mean: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

Also, here's some info on proper condom use - it's rare for them to break if you are storing and using them properly, so maybe some of the tips here will help y'all avoid breaks in the future! Condom Basics: A User's Manual
Petite_Gyal1991
not a newbie
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Petite_Gyal1991 »

Thanks for the article. I also had another question. Lately I've been seeing white vaginal discharge in my underwear. it's not hurting or anything but i wanted to know if this is normal. my period is set to start 2 weeks from now. does that mean i'm ovulating?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Because you're taking the pill, no, you won't be ovulating. One of the major ways the pill works is to prevent ovulation altogether. For a detailed explanation of how that works, you can have a read: How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period?

Having some discharge is simply a normal part of having a vagina: it's how the vagina keeps itself clean. If your discharge isn't funky-looking or funky-smelling, chances are very good that it's simply normal, healthy discharge. If you don't feel quite sure of what would and wouldn't be healthy discharge, we have more detailed information here: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions that can help you assess yours.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic