Clitoris damage

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
catalina14
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Great friend
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: its whatever

Clitoris damage

Unread post by catalina14 »

About an hour prior to masturbating tonight, I felt some discomfort in my general vaginal area. When I started masturbating, I noticed if I put pressure on clitoris there is a subtle sort of pain. Using my fingers hurt. It's not that it's desensitized, because there is still feeling. Inside my vagina is totally fine, it's only my clitoris. My suspicion is that I have been masturbating too often, too hard, and using my vibrator too much. Is this a possibility, or is there something else?
Also, tomorrow I am planning on having protected sex. Am I clear to engage in sexual activities if my clitoris is "a little sore"?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Clitoris damage

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Catalina,

We can't really tell you why your clitoris is sensitive at the moment. It could be that you did something while masturbating or just going about your day that made it a little tender (masturbating or using a vibrator frequently are not going to cause any damage by themselves, but if you were being forceful, you might have bruised or scratched it).

As for engaging in intercourse, that's up to you. If you're still finding your clitoris to be tender, then there's a good chance that sex will be painful or uncomfortable to some degree. So, you can either decide to hold off for a bit, or test it out with your partner (maybe manually) to see how you're feeling.
catalina14
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Great friend
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: its whatever

Re: Clitoris damage

Unread post by catalina14 »

Well the sensitivity is gone now, and I feel a lot better. Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic