Blood clots after sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dim
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very open and friendly
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her

Blood clots after sex

Unread post by Dim »

Hey guys,

So last week I was spotting for a few days and then I started my period. With that, I started my new birth control (Sprintec). It's been making me hornomal and my breasts feel huge, but I know that those can be normal symptoms when starting birth control.
Last night, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex for the first time (he did not ejaculate inside of me, yes I do know I could still get pregnant). What worries me, however, is that maybe 10 minutes later I started bleeding. We didn't have rough sex or anything and we were well lubricated. I figured it was just normal post-coidal bleeding and didn't give it another thought.
This morning, I am still bleeding. I passed a couple clots and I'm lightly cramping. I don't think it could be a miscarriage because I did just have my period.
I'm not sure if this is something that will go away or if I need to contact my doctor. Do you have any advice for me?

Sincerely, Dim
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Blood clots after sex

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Dim,

If the bleeding and cramping don't seem to be like your usual period (if you've only recently started the pill your body and cycle may be going through some adjustments), then you may want to contact your healthcare provider to see if they can help you figure out what's going on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic