skipped Period?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
TownHall
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

skipped Period?

Unread post by TownHall »

Hey Scarleteen, I am on the pill and have been on it since January. However, in June I went to six flags and left my pills in a locker for 3 hours because I didn’t want to leave them in the car or take them with me, this happened the 19th of June. I had sex on Wednesday the 26th, the first day of the placebo pill and then panicked because I thought of how I left them in the locker in 90 degree heat so I took a plan b 9 hours later on Thursday morning then on Friday I started my new pack of pills instead of waiting until Sunday to start them. I don’t know if them being in the locker damaged them or not but could I have made myself skip the withdrawal bleed with taking the plan b and then starting a new pack the next day and stressing about this?
I usually wait all four days to get my withdrawal bleed
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: skipped Period?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi TownHall,

Yes, between taking Plan B and jumping straight to a new pack, it's likely that your cycle might be irregular over the next month or two. So you know for the future, unless the pills looked noticeably different when you took them out of the locker, you can assume they weren't damaged by the heat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic