it hurts to put anything in my vagina

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
juveneta
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

it hurts to put anything in my vagina

Unread post by juveneta »

i’m 18, a virgin. i only recently figured out how to put my finger in my vagina. i used to think i have vaginismus but i was almost able to put in two but it hurt.
i’ve never used tampons. i have some bad odor and discharge down there so i’ve been putting in boric acid pills and it’s been helping. except when i put the tiny pill in there it’s painful and i can’t put it further back much.
and maybe i wasn’t turned on enough but before putting the pill in i was slightly wet so i tried putting a finger in and it didn’t hurt while keeping my finger in there’s but it hurt when i tried to move it in and out. there was discomfort and pain (i think it was pain?) and it didn’t feel good. then i shoved the pill in and that hurt and it hurt to walk around with it inside.

i’m scared because i could be losing my virginity soon. this is stressing me out and i’m terrified how it’s gonna work - if a finger hurts to go in, how will a penis feel?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: it hurts to put anything in my vagina

Unread post by Heather »

I want to bring another post you made at the same time into this thread, too, since it's basically about the same issue:
i'm a bit uneducated when it comes to fluids. recently i had some issue with i think BV (yellowish discharge, bad smell) that i've been treating with boric acid. it's been getting better.

i was feeling a bit turned on today and because i've been on the pill, i've been having issues with getting wet. i plan to lose my virginity soon and i wanted to check up down there when i'm aroused. when i looked down there i saw that i had some gooey white liquid in my vagina, not really inside but around it. i never looked down there when i am turned on before and so i don't really know what it really means to be "wet". is natural lubrication supposed to be white-ish or is it all clear?

or is this discharge i should be concerned about? is this something to do with my BV?

i'd appreciate any help. thanks!

(i'm 18F, very inexperienced)
Unless you have no other options, it's really best NOT to try and self-diagnose and self-medicate like this. It's one thing if you've been diagnosed with BV by a healthcare professional before, then have the exact same symptoms again, but my sense is you've not yet had any sexual or reproductive healthcare, let alone a previous diagnosis.

It could be that you've got BV...or it could be something else. My best advice would be for you to make an appointment with a healthcare provider who can look into the unusual discharge, the pain AND the anatomy concerns (the bump you said you have felt) all at the same time. I'd not wait on that: I'd do it now. I'd also give your whole vulva and vagina a break when it comes to what feels like a lot of intense and rushed investigating.

I have another concern which is that it sounds like the looming prospect of sex with a partner seems like it's something that's stressing you out more than feeling exciting in a more comfortable way. I'm worried that it's got you panicking a bit, to the point you're self-diagnosing and trying to treat an infection you might not even have. The prospect of sex with a partner, if it's really right for you, shouldn't make you panic like it seems it has been. That suggests, to me, that something's off here, like maybe this is too fast or too soon for you, or you don't feel as comfortable with this partner as we generally should. Do you want to talk about that?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic