Protection

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
snowwhitex
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Protection

Unread post by snowwhitex »

Hello Scarleteen!
Am I fully protected with taking birth control pill everyday and using condoms everytime I have sex?
Also, does taking continouos pill increase the protection or it actually doesn't matter? And is it true that after a while some pills get "weaker" at protecting and you can get pregnant?
Thanks xx
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Protection

Unread post by Siân »

Hi snowwhitex,

Welcome to the boards. The buddy system - using two methods of contraception - is a great idea if you are extra concerned about pregnancy, and the combination of birth control pills and condoms is highly effective at preventing pregnancy. You can read more about that here: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

And no, as long as you keep taking your pills as directed and using condoms consistently, your protection will not decrease over time.
snowwhitex
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by snowwhitex »

Thank you
Can birth control pills cause nipple discharge? Or is it a bigger concern than that?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

It's possible, but because that can be due to a few things, if that's happening for you, that's something to bring to a healthcare provider.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic