Late period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
rexcody
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Caring
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Female

Late period

Unread post by rexcody »

I’ve been wondering if you can have cramps and not having period yet? Without being pregnant. I practice safe sex. That was my 29th day in my cycle and im expecting to have a flow. But there was none. Today is my 33rd day and i have no other symptoms. Is it normal to have cramps way before a period? If my period would come in the next days.. this is just unusual for me. This isn’t about pregnancy this is just really new to me.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Late period

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi rexcody,

It is possible to have cramps a few days before your period turns up. It's also pretty common to have a period not arrive on the exact day you're expecting it to. If the cramps don't end up being related to your period, they get worse, or they have other symptoms happening along with them that aren't period-related, then it would be time to check in with a healthcare provider.

Too, depending on what you're using to track your period, your sense of when it's supposed to arrive may not be that accurate. What method are you using to track?
rexcody
not a newbie

Unread post by rexcody »

Im using an app to track it. It’s been quite accurate in the past months. For this month it indicated that i would be having period this last monday which didnt came. I had cramps from sunday to tuesday. I am sexually active but safe. But with this new thing happening to me i cant help to sometimes get worried and if a foul play happened. Also, i didnt had the usual symptoms of ovulation.
rexcody
not a newbie

Unread post by rexcody »

Normally i would have cramps a day or two before ill have my flow which didn’t happen now. I believe this is still not yet considere late or missed period.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Is the app having you collect data on things like temperature and cervical mucus, or is it only having you count days?

Too, at a certain point all you can do is wait and see what happens with your cycle.
rexcody
not a newbie

Unread post by rexcody »

No. It just counts. But have you encountered situations like this? How would they normally go? Ive read some articles but I approach med to you guys because i trust you better. Ive read about stress and weight etc for the possible symptoms which i think that it can be.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, so if it's just counting, it ultimately won't be that accurate, because it doesn't have all the information it needs to track your cycle. You can read more about why that is, and how to track it more accurately, here: Get With the Flow: All About FAM

Yes, we often talk to users whose periods are a little late (or a little earlier) than expected. People who have periods generally experience some irregularity now and then. You can read about possible reasons why a period may be late here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic