My period

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Marshmallow765
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Girl/Tomboy

My period

Unread post by Marshmallow765 »

Ok so I'm a 13 year old girl and I am having some problems with my period. So I've had my period for Abt a year and a half now and it is very odd. I will have my period for like 2 weeks and then I won't have it for like 3 months. I've been using tampons since my 3rd period. I have been using them correctly and never leave them in for too long and I never sleep in them. So I don't think that me using tampons is the problem but I need help.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My period

Unread post by Heather »

It's common for it to take a few years -- something even longer than that -- for periods to start showing up in a regular pattern. When someone has only been menstruating for a year and a half we'd totally expect to see tyhe kind of irregularity you are: that's usually totally normal.

When your period happens also is mostly about hormones and the rest of your body: when it comes isn't about something like using tampons, so you're right, that won't have anything to do with this. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic