First time

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Itsangie09
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

First time

Unread post by Itsangie09 »

Hi! So I just need advice and help on what to do for my first time. I’m really nervous but I really love my boyfriend and I know for sure I want him to be my first. So what should I do?
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Re: First time

Unread post by Alice M »

Hi there!

The most important piece of the puzzle is both of you feeling ready, consenting, enthusiastic and relaxed/aroused. I hear that you're nervous and that you want him to be your first -- are you interested in intercourse, however? Feeling hesitant or like you're really not sure and need to talk yourself into it (or someone else needs to talk you into it) is a big sign that you're not ready yet (which is okay!).

We have a thorough piece here about navigating your first intercourse: First Intercourse 101

I recommend that you read through that and come back with questions/comments and specifics on what you think might be the most challenging parts for you, or what you're not clear on or how you're feeling about it, and we can help more. Generally "what to do" varies so much for each person and each situation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic