To buy or not to buy? Advice please!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
memesndreams
Awesomeness Quotient: I try my best to be kind and thoughtful.
Primary language: English please!
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight/bi-curious

To buy or not to buy? Advice please!

Unread post by memesndreams »

Hi Scarleteen,

I’m turning 18 soon, and to celebrate, I have been thinking about buying myself a sex toy. Buying it online is the least of my worries - my parents are going on vacation, and I would order it then. However, I have a moral dilemma. Since I’m a virgin, will a dildo or vibrator ruin any first-time sensation I have with a future partner? I don’t want to become addicted to what a sex toy can give me in comparison to a real-life partner. Should I stick to my fingers until I get a boyfriend? I’m conflicted :(

Looking forward to any advice - I don’t know who to ask about this, since masturbation is a pretty taboo topic in my personal life.

Thank you :-)
- memesndreams
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: To buy or not to buy? Advice please!

Unread post by Siân »

Hi memesndreams,

Welcome to the boards!

If a sex toy sounds like something you'd enjoy I'd say that's a great birthday present to get yourself! Using a vibrator won't "ruin" anything, whether you've had partnered sex before or not - it's simply a different kind of sensation.

I'm glad you felt able to come and talk to us - does that answer your question? Anything else you'd like to talk about?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic