This sounds weird. Is it true?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
girl123
not a newbie

This sounds weird. Is it true?

Unread post by girl123 »

I've read on your website that manual sex and pre-ejaculate does not pose a pregnancy risk. However I saw this on the NHS UK website and was quite surprised..

They had in their website specifically:

It’s possible for you to get pregnant without having sexual intercourse if, for example:
sperm get into your vagina – for example, if you or your partner have semen or pre-ejaculate on your fingers and touch your vagina

The link is http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/975.aspx?CategoryID=54

Can you confirm or negate this? Thank you
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: This sounds weird. Is it true?

Unread post by Heather »

We make clear in our user guidelines that one of the things we won't do is address content at other websites or published by other organizations.

If you'd like to check into another organization or site's information, they're the people to ask for that, since they're the ones who create or choose to publish it. :)

Here's what we publish about risks and levels of risk from different kinds of contact: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic